» How do I get my products to appear in the Taggstar publisher network? » Which Publishers do you currently work with? » Which online Merchants do you currently work with? » Which countries do you currently operate in? » Are there opportunities to advertise in your Publisher network?
- How much does Taggstar cost to use?
- Nothing. Taggstar is free to use. back to top »
- Will Taggstar work on my site?
- The internet is a very big place, so it's hard to answer this with a 100% certainty, but
unless your site is built entirely using Flash, then Taggstar should work perfectly.
Put it this way, we have yet to come across a site where Taggstar doesn't work (and
we've looked at a truck load lot of sites).
The good news is that Taggstar won't hurt your site if you give it a try and it doesn't work for some strange reason. The worst that will happen is that nothing happens, so give it a try. Removing Taggstar is just as easy as installing it.back to top »
- Does Taggstar work on blogs?
- Absolutely. When you sign up, we'll show you how to install Taggstar on Blogger, Tumblr and Wordpress. Taggstar works on any web site where you are able to access the html.back to top »
- Does Taggstar work on Facebook?
- Taggstar doesn't work on personal image galleries in Facebook. However, Taggstar does work on Facebook business pages, which are basically hosted by you with a Facebook iFrame.back to top »
- You say it's easy to install, but is it?
- Installing Taggstar really is very straightforward – we've used our own mothers as
guinea pigs and as the saying goes, if they can do it...
If you're using a blogging platform like Blogger or Tumblr, we've also included detailed, blow-by-blow instructions that you'll struggle to get wrong.back to top »
- Will Taggstar slow down my site?
- No. The whole point of Taggstar is to help make your site even better, which is why
we've spent so much time making sure our technology is robust, secure and super
speedy. With sub-100 millisecond load times, it is.
And if being fast wasn't enough, we've also designed Taggstar always to load last on your site. We call it "polite loading", which means that if something were to happen at our end, you'd never know about it.back to top »
- Will Taggstar increase the cost of running my site?
- No. Taggstar is a super-light application that won't slow down your site or make it more expensive. It's kind of like adding Google Analytics or a hit tracker to your site.back to top »
- What does the image toolbar do?
- People like to share the images they discover, which is why when you install Taggstar, every image on your site gets its very own "share" tool bar. This means visitors to your site can share your wonderful images with the rest of the world.back to top »
- Who creates the hotspots?
- You do! Tagging images is quick, easy and a wonderfully creative process. You can embed video from YouTube or Vimeo as well as music and images. You can also write informational text in a tag, as well as turn images into shops using our unique "create a shop" tool.back to top »
- When I "create a shop" in an image, do I have to find the products myself?
- No. That would be too much work. Creating a shop is simple and involves positioning a hotspot on an image; within a couple of clicks, our very own image search engine examines the item you've tagged and then scours online retailers in our merchant network, automatically pulling in products that match the one in the picture you've tagged. This means the items in your image shop are never out of date or out of stock, and you haven't wasted any of your valuable time scouring the internet looking for products.back to top »
- What happens when I first install Taggstar?
- You'll know you've installed Taggstar correctly when you see the tool bar icons in the images on your site.back to top »
- Can I choose to install Taggstar on specific images only?
- Yes. There are actually a couple of different ways of installing Taggstar, but we only
only recommend them for the more technically-minded. To learn more, please visit
However, if you'd simply rather disable a couple of images, then you may find it easier to try the following suggestion
instead...back to top »
- Can I disable Taggstar for specific images on my site without turning Taggstar off everywhere?
- Yes. Just login to the image you'd like to disable, open the tagging canvas and click "Admin" in the right side of the window. You'll see an option to disable the image.back to top »
- How do I know if I've installed Taggstar correctly?
- You'll see the Taggstar tool bar in the bottom of the images on your site.back to top »
- Can I change the colour of the hotspot or customize the look and feel?
- Not yet, but it's coming soon. You'll also be able to choose from a couple of different balloon designs (the balloon is the thing that appears when you move your cursor over a hotspot).back to top »
- How much control do I have over the tags?
- You have complete control. You create them, move them, edit them or delete them. The choice is yours.back to top »
- What kind of reporting do you have?
- Just login at taggstar.com for your very own real-time reporting dashboard. It includes daily traffic, image views, engagement rates, click rates and more stats than you can shake a stick at.back to top »
- How do I make money?
- There are a couple of ways to make money using Taggstar.
- Link products in images with online shops by pasting your own affiliate links, such as Amazon.com or Linkshare.
- Use our "Create a Shop" feature which dynamically pulls products into tags from our network of online retailers (this is currently only available to certain Publishers on request).
- How do I get paid?
- If you're creating links using your own affiliate account, then you will be paid in the usual way by your affiliate network provider. If you are using Taggstar's own "create a shop" feature, then you will receive payment directly from us. Please note that use of the "create a shop" feature is currently only available upon request.back to top »
- How do I uninstall Taggstar from my site?
- Can anyone create tags on a web site that is taggstar-enabled?
- No. Only you as the Publisher can create, edit or delete tags on your own site.back to top »
- How do I get my products to appear in the Taggstar publisher network?
- All we need is access to your product xml feed and our image search engine does
the rest. We can work directly with merchants, or via affiliate networks.
Get in touch to find out more by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to top »
- Which online Publishers do you currently work with?
- We currently work with MSN, the Daily Telegraph, Sky, Company Magazine, Harpers Bazaar, Zappos and a whole host of smaller sites and blogs.back to top »
- Which online Merchants do you currently work with?
- Too many to list, but we work with well-known merchants such as Net-a-Porter, Miss Selfridge, House of Fraser, Debenhams, Matches, Farfetch and so on.back to top »
- Which countries do you currently operate in?
- We are currently focused on the US and UK, but will shortly be rolling out across Europe."
- Are there opportunities to advertise in your Publisher network?
- Absolutely. Our image ad network has numerous sponsorship opportunities. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.back to top »
Slightly More Technical FAQs
Still got a question? If so, drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.